Wearing red can be a dilemma! Many people shy away from this bright color, but it's more versatile than you think. Adding a red blazer to your wardrobe gives you a statement piece that will make you stand out. If you have a red blazer that youve been dying to wear but you arent sure how, use neutral colors to make your blazer pop, keep it classy by dressing it up, or be daring and pair it with an all red outfit.
[Edit]Styling Casually for Women
- Wear a white blouse with dark wash jeans for a classic look. Red blazers pair well with dark colors, and theyll stand out on top of light ones. For a classic look, pair dark skinny jeans and a white shirt.
- This can also be a classy look for the 4th of July.
- Try a white blouse with ruffles on the front and light wash jeans for a modern take on this look.
- Contrast your red blazer with white cigarette pants. To make your blazer stand out, wear skinny white cigarette pants and a white shirt. This look works best in the summer when the sun is out.
- Add a white hat or sunglasses to complete this outfit.
- Intensify your look by wearing an all red outfit. If you want to be bold, pair your red blazer with a pair of wide-legged red pants and a red strappy top. Add red accessories and high heels to stand out even more.
- Use animal print scarves to spice up your look. Warm scarves in the winter or thin scarves in the spring can add a fun accent to your outfit. Try using leopard or cheetah print scarves to liven up your red blazer and jeans.
- You can also add animal print on a large bracelet or a pair of high heels.
- Prints like zebra or giraffe dont work as well with a red blazer.
[Edit]Creating Dressy Feminine Looks
- Bring your blazer to work by wearing dark slacks. If you want to wear your blazer to a professional place, pair it with dark slacks and classy high heels. Wear a neutral top that goes well with your pants.
- White, navy, and gray blouses look professional and will go well with your red blazer.
- Use a dark colored handbag to complete this look.
- Wear a dress underneath your blazer for a fashion-forward office look. You can pair your blazer with an office appropriate dress to look chic and professional. Either match your dress to the red of the blazer, or choose a contrasting solid color, like navy or charcoal.
- Add a statement necklace and a large handbag to complete this look.
- Create an elegant outfit with all black underneath your blazer. If you want to look sleek and formal, pair your red blazer with black pants and a black shirt. Add some black high heels to wear this to an event or to the office.
- Add a statement necklace or a large handbag to break up the monochromatic element of this outfit.
- Use patterned pants to dress up your blazer. Choose pants that have large patterns, like polka dots or stripes, to add an interesting element to a chic look. Try patterns that are neutral colors so they dont clash with your blazer.
- Black pants with white polka dots are an instant match with a red blazer.
[Edit]Making Casual Looks for Men
- Use lightweight fabrics to wear your blazer in the daytime. Pair your blazer with fabrics like cotton and linen to wear your blazer during the day. More fitted fabrics will elevate your look, so if you want to keep it casual, choose less form fitting fabrics.
- Classic v-neck cotton t-shirts go well with blazers in a casual setting.
- Wear your red blazer with a t-shirt and jeans to keep it casual. A red blazer can seem like an intense piece to wear, but if you want to keep it casual, pair it with a neutral t-shirt and jeans. Relaxed jeans will give you an even more casual look.
- White t-shirts will make your red blazer pop, while gray and blue will be more subtle.
- Pair your blazer with neutral colors to make it stand out. If youd like to draw attention to your blazer, wear dark colored pants or jeans and a gray shirt or button-down. Everyone will be looking at your blazer, while admiring the completeness of your look.
- Choose an oversized blazer for a streetwear look. If you are going for a fashion-forward streetwear look, buy a red blazer that is a few sizes too big. Pair it with relaxed jeans and clunky shoes to complete this look.
- Roll up the sleeves of your blazer so they dont look comical, and instead look fashionable.
- Add some black cargo pants instead of jeans to elevate your streetwear look.
[Edit]Building Classy Masculine Outfits
- Make your look classy with a neutral tie and light slacks. If you want to wear your blazer to a wedding or a work event, pair it with a neutral colored tie and light slacks. This way, your blazer will stand out while still looking classy.
- Avoid wearing dark colored slacks with your red blazer. This can cause your outfit to clash.
- Choose an all red suit to be daring. If youre going to a formal event and youd like to stand out, pair your red blazer with red pants to complete your full suit. Add a dark blue or brown tie and neutral shoes to bring this look together.
- The shirt you wear underneath can either be patterned or neutral, so long as it goes with your tie.
- Make sure your suit is all the same shade of red.
- Stand out with a patterned red blazer. Plaid or checkered red blazers will draw attention to your outfit and will help you stand out at events. Wear a full patterned suit, or pair your patterned red blazer with solid colored khakis.
- Use a white button-down to make your red blazer pop. Red on white creates a striking, head-turning look. Wear a crisp white button-down shirt underneath of your red blazer without a tie to contrast it well.
- Pair this with dark wash jeans or dark colored khakis.